Boys Team 2020
2020 Boys Swimming and Diving
Happy Holidays and greetings from the Arapahoe High School Boys Swim & Dive Team Booster Club to all our new and returning families!
Before we look ahead to the New Year and the start of the 2020 Boys Swim & Dive season, we would like to take a moment to reflect on some highlights from this past year’s Boys Swim & Dive season, including:
• AHS Boys Swim & Dive Team finishing 3rd in the State
• 2019 Arapahoe Graduate Mitch Burcham receiving the inaugural Heart of a Warrior award
• The following swimmers and relays earning All-American Honors:
o Fletcher Hayes: 200 Individual Medley and the 500 Freestyle (with a new team record!)
o Jack Berdahl: 100 Breaststroke
o 200 Medley Relay: Hayes (10), Berdahl (11), Drake Hampton (12), Ben Brewer (12)
o 200 Free Relay: Jack Giesen (11), Daniel Bensen (11), Brewer (12), Nick Stephenson (12)
o 400 Free Relay: Bensen (11), Hayes (10), Brewer (12), Stephenson (12)
As many of you may not know, Booster Clubs, like our AHS Boys Swim & Dive Team’s Booster Club, exist to support, serve and benefit the efforts of the team and the swimming and diving coaching staff. The AHS Boys Swim & Dive Team is a Coach-run team, and we are fortunate to have some of the best coaches in the State. The Booster Club runs with parent volunteers to support the Coaches and Athletes on the team.
The Booster Club contributions include: communications with members and families; getting the season started with registration and gear; coordinating meets, feeds and social events during the season; and facilitating the State Meet for qualified athletes.
While you will be hearing more about the date for the kickoff meeting for the Boys Swim & Dive 2020 Season after the holidays, we also have a few more things to make you aware of and yes, we will be sharing more details about the following in upcoming communications:
• The Booster Club leadership team have already been meeting to prepare for the upcoming season
• Warrior Aquatics began to offer pre-season swimming and a new Warrior Water Polo Club this past fall. The Coed Water Polo Team with (35) players finished 3rd in the State beating Cherry Creek 17-16! For more information, contact Coach Randy right away at .
• Head Swimming Coach Mike Richmond will offer a one-week preseason swimming clinic to all new Arapahoe Boys (and Girls) swimmers. The dates of the next Arapahoe Warrior Swimming Clinic are February 18-21 (Tuesday-Friday). The cost is $35 for (4) days at 1.5 hours per day (six total hours) from 3:45-5:15 pm. Contact Coach Richmond at if interested.
• Head Swimming Coach Mike Richmond and Volunteer Assistant Coach Taylor Watson have been meeting with the Captains to prepare for the upcoming season, and also continue to work on building the Heart of a Warrior Award with Cindy Hayes, Greg Chestnut, and Wade Macklem
• Beverly Carey and Nicole Greene are currently working on a new Welcome Letter with lots of good information all in one place, and will also be sending out communication soon to ask you about your time and talents (i.e. volunteering opportunities). Meets, team-feeds, operations…none of this happens without you. Thank you in advance for your support!
As you can see we have plenty to be thankful for and are excited about the upcoming season, but to re-use a phrase: There is one more thing…
In addition to reflection and giving thanks, this is also the time of year that many groups are looking for donations to offset rising program costs, and we are no different. As we look ahead to the New Year and the Boys Swim & Dive Team season, the Booster Club would like to ask you to consider making a tax-deductible donation (and where possible, submit your donation for a company match) so that we can continue to provide as much support to the team while letting the Boys and the Coaches focus on another great swim and dive season!
For the 2019-20 school year, we have set a goal of $10,000 with 25% of the funds going to the “Heart of a Warrior” award program, and the other 75% raised to go towards offsetting programs costs, training equipment, facility needs, and building our emergency savings for future projects that are not covered by Arapahoe High School or Littleton Public Schools.
Here are some of the specific opportunities where the Booster Club is looking to help:
Immediate needs include:
• Replace (2) large lane rope reels (~$2000 each)
• Replace current timing system’s “Link” devices – pair of network extenders (~$200)
• Replace (current functioning poorly) Pace Clock (~$900)
• Replace current Diver’s Twisting Belt (~$1000)
• Replace at least (3) to (4) aging/broken Lane Rope Cables (~$100 each)
• Replace at least (4) Lane Counters (~$30 each)
• New mats for stretching (~$500 total)
• Replace aging Lane Ropes – request to replace (3) to (4) this year (~$375 each)
• New swim fins for training (~$20-$30 per pair)
On-going Short-term needs include:
• Add (2) replacement Touchpads (~$800-900 each)
• Continue to replace (2) to (3) lane ropes and lane rope every other year
• Miscellaneous expenses (when something breaks, we need to get it fixed right away)
As you can see, there is no shortage of areas to contribute to, and YES, we will continue to partner with Arapahoe High School, Littleton Public Schools, and the AHS Girls Swim & Dive Booster Club to offset the costs to any one group.
While our goal is lofty, please remember that all donations to the AHS Boys Swim & Dive Team Booster Club are tax-deductible, and a tax receipt will be available to all our donors, and taking advantage of matching donations through work, etc. adds more to each of our donations.
If you are interested in donating, please send a check (indicate “AHS Boys Swim & Dive Donation” in the line item) to:
Kimberly Lefever (AHS Boys Swim and Dive Booster Club Treasurer)
5994 S. Elm Ct., Centennial, CO 80121
As we have heard it said plenty of times before that some of us have time, some of us have talent, and some of us have treasure. At times, perhaps we have more of some and less of others, perhaps we have a little of all three. No matter, we appreciate your consideration, thank you in advance for all of your support, and we look forward to working together to make this season great!
Lastly, we wanted to wish you and yours a Happy Holiday Season!
The 2020 AHS Boys Swim and Dive Team Booster Club